- 2 29-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2 15-ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper, remove seeds
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, remove seeds
- 2 jalapeno peppers, remove seeds
- 5 yellow chili peppers, remove seeds
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 can olives, drained
- 1 16-ounce bottle Herdez green salsa verde
- Fresh lime juice, to taste (about 8 limes)
Pour tomato sauce in a large bowl. Dice onions, peppers, olives and cilantro, and add to tomato sauce. Add Herdez green salsa verde, drained tomatoes, and fresh lime juice. Dice ingredients to desired size, depending on how chunky you like your salsa. This can all be done to taste.
Helpful Hints:Plastic bowls will absorb the smell. If you use a plastic bowl, use baking soda to clean.Rubber spatulas will also absorb the smell. Use a metal spoon to mix.