Sounds stupid doesn't it? Well there's just something about the sweet crunchy outside and the tangy little mix you make for it. Honestly, the only stupid thing would be NOT making it. ( The Capn Crunch does not make the fish sweet!)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 large Salmon or Tuna Filet (about 3 lbs cut into 6 portion sizes)
- 1 cup regular Capn Crunch (don't even think of using the peanut butter or crunch berry version)
- fresh ground pepper
- chili sauce to taste
- Mix mayo and mustard - set aside
- Crush the Capn in a plastic bag until fine and put on a plate and top with fresh ground pepper
- Wash and dry fillets. Lightly oil salmon.
- Spray Pam or similar product over Pyrex pan or tin foil pan.
- Press each fillet down into the Capn making sure it's covered well on all sides. If you have skin on one side do not coat that.
- Place salmon in pan, skin side down.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily. You do not want to over cook this so watch it.
- Serve it by spreading the mayo mix on a plate, topping that with the salmon and drizzling a bit of the chili paste around it - but make sure you some of everything in each bite.