Our families traditional Christmas holiday treat made by Grandma Phyllis.
- 1 1/2 cubes butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1 packages puffed rice cereal
- Combine first 3 ingredients and cook to soft ball stage.
- Add baking soda to hot mixture.
- Pour over cereal while warm and mix well with wooden spoon (a strong one!). Slightly wet hands with water and shape into balls (working quickly before it hardens in the pan).
- NOTE: If you make these with gluten-free puffed rice, they are GF.
- This can also be poured over popcorn for a different yummy treat.