This is the Artichoke Dip Recipe that we served at T&C's Garden Party - Yummmm!
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 16 oz. tub sour cream
- 1 7.5 oz. jar chopped artichoke hearts or more
- 12 oz. finely grated sharp or other favorite cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tsp. minced garlic (to taste)
- 1/3 C. minced or finely chopped and sauteed (in butter of course) yellow onion
- One large round sourdough bread loaf
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. This can be done ahead of time and kept in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Cut top out of bread bowl to desired shape for serving. Hollow out loaf leaving about 1 inch of bread on bottom, sides and on cut out top. Set hollowed loaf out in air to crust a bit for a few hours if time allows.
- Spoon filling into loaf and cover with bread top. Double wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours in preheated oven.
- Remove bread bowl from foil and cut out top. Cool to room temperature on rack.
Garnish with fresh sprigs of parsley. Serve with veges, baguettes, breadsticks, or chips.
It is best to bake hours before the event so the bread bowl does not get soggy and the souffle-like texture is better, but leftovers bowls can be saved in a ziplock and reheated the next day in the oven if you are not too concerned with appearance. The filling can also be removed and reheated later and placed in a fresh bowl but it is not quite as light in texture. Microwaving also works if you are just reheating the filling. This recipe is from Nancy Oakes