Very easy recipe to make amazing ribs that everyone loves. Hint: You will be baking the ribs before you grill, this can be done up to 2 days in advance of grilling.
- 2 racks pork back ribs, about 4 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups bbq sauce, plain
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- Mix sauce, syrup and brown sugar, set aside
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place ribs in their racks (I just mean do not cut them) in a large baking/casserole dish
- Pour vinegar into dish with ribs and cover tightly with aluminum foil
- Bake about 90 minutes or until very tender
- Remove from oven and carefully lift off tin foil - watch out for steam
- The ribs are now fully cooked and just need to be 'sauced' finished'.
- At this point you can bbq then any time within 2 days!
- Heat bbq to medium and place ribs meat side down without sauce - but you can baste the back with the sauce
- Cook until they start to develop grill marks, and turn over - now baste the top
- You could stop here after they grill a bit on this side, or you could baste them a bit more and then give them a couple more minutes meat side down - that's what I do
- Give 'em one extra baste them after they've been removed, but just before you serve them