- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 heads fresh broccoli, florets only
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 large red onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1 T black pepper
- 2/3 cup mayo - l tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside to cool. In a large bowl toss the broccoli florets, bacon, green onions, raisins and peanuts together.
- In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise together. Pour half of the dressing over the broccoli mixture and refrigerate. Let marinate overnight. Just before serving top with remaining dressing.
Variations: I have seen the recipe with 1 lb bacon, grapes, chopped pecans, raisins or peanuts!