- 4-5 (4 oz.) cans whole green chili's
- l lb. lean hamburger
- l large onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T ground cumin divided use
- 3 T chili mix divided use
- 8 oz. Monterrey jack cheese
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 T flour
- 1 (13 oz.) can tomato sauce
- salt to taste
Rinse chili's, open flat, remove seeds. Drain on paper towels.
Brown meat, onion, garlic. Drain. Add 1 tsp. cumin, 1 1/2 chili mix and salt. Stir.
In a greased 9x13 pan layer half of chili's, beef and rest of chili's.
Beat together eggs, milk and flour. Pour over. Add 2 tsp. cumin and 1 1/2 T chili mix to tomato sauce. Pour over all. Bake 30-35 min. at 350. Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped pecans