Friday, September 12, 2008

Fish Tacos for the Busy Woman


This is the recipe that I use when we want fish tacos at home. This recipe will make 10 tacos- enough for my family if I also serve rice and refries! Also to top it off, lemonade is great with this.

INGREDIENTS

  • 30 breaded fish sticks OR 10 large breaded fish portions
  • 10 corn tortillas
  • 1/2 pound finely shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 3/4 cup salsa
  • LIMES- VERY IMPORTANT - Not lemons

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Arrange fish sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and golden brown.
  3. Mix yogurt and mayo together and squeeze in a bit of lime juice.
  4. Heat tortillas until soft, I put them right over the flame on my stove top and just watch to keep them from getting too brown
  5. Fill the heated tortillas with fish stick portions, cabbage, white sauce,lime and salsa to serve.

1 comment:

grammie said...

These are very good and easy to make. Jen & family who were eating with us also commented that they were as good as Rubio's. I'll serve them to the Elders soon.