Saturday, July 3, 2010

Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie

My mom and I found this limited edition ice cream after I had Jake and ate it every night while she was with me. I've missed it so much, that I combined a couple ice cream recipes and this one is pretty dang close to the original- enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

2 cups 2% or whole milk (depending on how rich you want it- I like whole)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
crushed oreos (about a cup, however much you want!)


DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, stir together the milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla and peppermint extracts until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze however yours works. After the ice cream has thickened (about 30-45 minutes), add oreos and let them mix in. When it's to your desired thickness, spoon into a container, and freeze for 2 hours.

Submitted by Rachel Merkley

No comments: