Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ok, here we go. I have A LOT of new recipes to add but have been busy with life, and since I do not want to do my homework yet, I am going to utilize this time to copy my recipes to the family recipe blog.

This is my favorite chicken tortilla soup recipe. And it is SO easy, which is the only kind of recipe I like. :) Just so you know, the tortilla chips are a MUST! This is from The Sister's Cafe.

4 ckn breast halves, or 2 full ckn breast (can be frozen) :)
2 15-oz cans black beans, drained
2 15-oz cans mexican stewed tomatoes (I do not use mexican, just regular)
1 cup medium salsa (not mild)
1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
1 15-oz can tomato sauce
Tortilla chips
Grated cheese

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, shred chicken breasts (can leave in the crock pot while doing this, I always do). Serve with a handful of chips, cheese and any other toppings you desire.

Submitted by Kim Hansen

No comments: