Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crock Pot Lasagna

Yep, you can make lasagna in the crock pot! Love this during the summer when the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven and escalate the temperature inside my already super hot house.
This recipe is from Relief Society.

Lasagna in the Crockpot
-8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
-1 lb ground beef, turkey whatever
-1 tsp italian seasoning ( I just put as much in as I feel like)
-28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
-1/3 cup water
-15 oz cottage cheese
-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I throw in a bit of parmesan also)

Grease your slow cooker. Break noodles and place half in the bottom. Brown meat and drain. Stir italian seasoning into meat. Spread half of meat over noodles. Layer half of sauce and water, half of cottage cheese, and half of shredded cheese over meat. Repeat layers. Cook on low for 5 hours.

Submitted by Kim Hansen

No comments: