Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole

Ok, so I am pretty sure most casserole makers know how to make a chicken and rice casserole, but I didn't until recently. And now, I am in love! It is SO easy! And it tastes so warm and comforting and good.

Easy and Delicious Chicken and Rice Casserole

-1 cup uncooked white or brown rice
-1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup ( I use Cream of Mushroom, I think it tastes better)
1 7/8 cups water (um, I just round this up by 1/8 cup and do an even 2 cups) :)
1 (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (raw)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Spread rice in the bottom of a 9X13 in. baking dish. Arrange chicken pieces on top of rice.
3. Mix soup and water together and pour over chicken and rice. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix on top. Cober and seal TIGHTLY with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!

Submitted by Kim Hansen

No comments: