This is the best bread in the world! At least the best I have ever tried. I HIGHLY recommend it for any and all occasions. It is great by itself, with a little butter, or dipped in a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
*Eat when warm, tasted great reheated in microwave a couple of days later too.
Rosemary Parmesan Bread
1 1/4 c warm water
1 1/2 T yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 c flour (approximately) I think I used a little less
2 T rosemary, chopped
1 T olive oil
1/2 c + freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. In a bowl of a large mixer, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water, let sit for 5 min. Yeast should form a foam on top of water.
2. Add salt, 1.5 T rosemary, olive oil and flour. Mix with a dough hook.
3. Add enough flour that dough leaves sides of bowl and forms a ball.
4. At this point, sprinkle in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
5. Knead for 5 min. Cover bowl of mixer with a towel and let dough rise for 30 min.
6. Punch down dough. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a rectangle.
7. Roll up lengthwise and pinch seam to seal. (I rolled it width wise, I don't think it matters). Lay seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
8. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 T of rosemary and press with fingers lightly so rosemary will stick. 9. 9. Let loaf rise for 30 more min.
10. Brush loaf with 1 T melted butter and desired amount of parmesan cheese.
11. Bake at 375 deg. for 18-25 min or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before slicing.
Adapted from http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com