Monday, November 10, 2008

Shredded BBQ Chicken Sliders with Creamy Coleslaw


I got this recipe from picky-palate.com. Andrew and I really enjoyed these. It is sometimes difficult to find something that both and Andrew and I are thrilled about, we have pretty different tastes. Either he loves it and I'm like "It's alright" or vice versa. So it is great when we find recipes that we both really like! Those are the only ones I like to post. The only alteration I would make to these is to reduce the mustard. If you are a mustard fan you might like it the way it is, but mustard doesn't thrill me so I would probably cut the mustard in half next time for both the BBQ sauce and the coleslaw.


BBQ Sauce:

1- 1/2 c. ketchup
3 T Dijon Mustard
4 T Worchestershire Sauce
2 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1-1/2 T lemon juice
4 T brown sugar
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp honey
pinch of salt

-2 large boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

Simple Coleslaw:
16 oz bag coleslaw mix or cabbage
1/2 c. mayo or miracle whip
2 T sugar
1 T Dijon Mustard
1 tsp honey

-Whole wheat dinner rolls


Directions:

  1. Combine all BBQ ingredients into a medium saucepan over med-low heat. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and stir in shredded chicken. Let simmer.
  2. Place cabbage/coleslaw mix into a large bowl. Place mayo, sugar, mustard and honey into a small bowl and mix together. Pour and stir into cabbage until well combined.
  3. Spoon BBQ chicken onto bottom rolls. Top with a spoonful of coleslaw, then close with top rolls. Enjoy!
Makes 10-12

No comments: